Professional translation and interpreter services for Turkish to English.
Turkey has a fast-developing economy, presenting many opportunities to global businesses. Its national language, however, is considered among the most difficult for English speakers to comprehend and/or master.
Global companies, large and small, rely on our on-demand Turkish translation services for quick turnaround on a huge variety of Turkish-English and English-Turkish texts – always at highly competitive prices.
- 24/7 availability
- Order status tracking
- Immediate project launch
- Experienced, certified translators
Thanks to 30+ years’ translation and localization experience, and thousands of certified linguists, our expert teams will swiftly and sympathetically translate your Turkish texts to English (and vice versa).
- Turkish belongs to the Altaic family of languages, along with Mongolian, and is spoken by an estimated 79 million people worldwide.
- It is the national language of Turkey, a co-official language of Cyprus and is spoken by significant minorities across Central Asia, the Middle East and the Balkans.
- Germany is home to a significant number of Turkish speakers, due to an influx of migrant workers in the 1960s and 70s (intensified by the East-West labor movement restrictions of the Berlin Wall).
- The origins of the Turkish language are embedded in the history of the Ottoman Empire, which saw aggressive expansion across the Middle East and Eastern Europe in the 16th and 17th centuries. Ottoman Turkish (Osmanli) was widely disseminated throughout the areas of conquest.
- The modern version of Turkish became the national language in 1923, with the creation of the Republic of Turkey. The Latin alphabet followed in 1928, replacing the Arabic-based script of Ottoman Turkish.
- The Turkish lexicon underwent ‘purification’ at around this time, with loan words from Arabic and Farsi abandoned in favor of older Turkish root words. About 80% of today’s vocabulary is of pure Turkish origin, with loans coming from languages such as French, Italian and English.
Turkish translation facts
- The Istanbul dialect is the basis for the standard language, but many other regional variations exist. These include the Ege dialect (Aegean region), the Guneydogu dialect (south-east Turkey) and the Hemsinli dialect (north-east Turkey).
- Turkish is a highly agglutinative language, with prefixes and suffixes liberally fused to root words. A lot can be expressed in only a few (often very lengthy) words.
- Grammar challenges for non-speakers include something called ‘vowel harmony’, which presents seemingly infinite possibilities for ‘endings’, as well as six noun cases and nearly 30 verb tenses.
- At word level, a small quirk of Turkish is the distinction made between a man’s mother and a woman’s mother. The simple English word ‘mother’ might therefore require a 50-50 guess as to the correct gender.
Turkish translation and interpretation services
Trusted by businesses thebigword is first choice for companies requiring fast and professional Turkish translation. Our skilled and experienced native speakers are available 24/7 for all your Turkish-English and English-Turkish business translation needs.
Successfully handling up to 50,000 global assignments every day, thebigword has invested heavily in innovative language technology and expert operational teams to ensure high quality outcomes, on time, every time.
With access to 15,000+ talented linguists worldwide, you can expect the perfect, native speaker to meet your specific business requirements. Our translators work around the clock to ensure all your deadlines are met.
With no upfront fees/contracts, simply choose the pricing model to best suit your project needs.
Through our vast experience as an Turkish Language Services Provider we’ve gained unrivalled knowledge of translating and localizing public-facing content, including websites, software and training materials. You can always trust us to ensure your messages hit the target.
Turkish global marketing
Turkish software and app localization
Turkish enterprise translation
Turkish multimedia services
Turkish e-learning localization
Turkish legal translation
Turkish website localization
Turkish crowd sourced translation (CST)
Turkish machine translation
TURKISH TRANSLATORS AND INTERPRETERS
Qualified Turkish language professionals
Contact us today to find an Turkish translator or interpreter for your business needs. We deliver on time, every time, with linguists ready to assist you with: