Professional translation and interpreter services for Hebrew-English and English-Hebrew
Hebrew is one of the oldest and most complex languages in the world. It’s why your Hebrew text is always safest in the hands of thebigword’s highly-trained and experienced translators.
Global companies, large and small, rely on our on-demand Hebrew translation services for quick turnaround on a huge variety of Hebrew-English and English-Hebrew texts – always at highly competitive prices.
- 24/7 availability
- Order status tracking
- Immediate project launch
- Experienced, certified translators
With thousands of certified global translators, and 30+ years’ localization experience, our expert teams will swiftly and accurately translate your Hebrew texts to English (and vice versa).
- Like Arabic, Hebrew is a Semitic language, dating back to more than 1000BC. One of its earliest recorded forms was, of course, the Bible.
- Spoken by more than 9 million people worldwide, including some 90% of Israeli Jews and 60% of Israeli Arabs, it was almost extinct before returning to modern usage in the 19th century.
- The largest Hebrew-speaking population is in Israel (5m), with the second-largest group in the United States. Hebrew is also spoken in parts of Australia, Argentina, Brazil, Canada, France, Portugal and Spain.
- Modern Hebrew (or Israeli Hebrew) is the most common dialect. Ashkenazi Hebrew is also common in Israel, though its popularity is steadily declining. The same is true of Sephardi Hebrew, a dialect influenced by other languages such as Spanish, Portuguese and Arabic.
- The Hebrew alphabet contains 22 letters, all of which are consonants. Readers and speakers have to add in vowels themselves.
- The reading of Hebrew relies on pattern recognition, but unlike English or Arabic, the letters are always written separately, even in cursive.
- Biblical Hebrew comprised only about 8,000 words. Having evolved to include foreign, business and technical terms, today’s lexicon is closer to 60,000 words.
Hebrew translation facts
- With nine Hebrew spoken dialects, plus four written ones, only an expert translator can help you navigate the multiple variations in grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation.
- Due to the proliferation of dots and dashes used in place of vowels, skilled human translators are far more reliable than Machine Translation (MT).
- Abbreviations and acronyms are very popular in Hebrew and require an expert eye.
- Translating Hebrew to English typically increases word counts by 25-50%, depending on the subject matter. Hebrew legalese can be the most difficult to translate, along with some academic papers. Technical specifications and financial reports can be the most straightforward, due to conformity to international standards.
- Two or three-word Hebrew colloquial expressions may take a dozen words in English to explain.
- The transliteration of foreign words into Hebrew letters is challenging and requires specialist knowledge.
- With Hebrew written from left to right on the page, designers need to be mindful of formatting issues.
Hebrew translation and interpretation services
For professional, high-speed Hebrew translation, companies look no further than thebigword. Our skilled and experienced native speakers are available 24/7 for all your Hebrew-English and English-Hebrew business translation needs.
Successfully handling up to 50,000 global assignments every day, thebigword has invested heavily in innovative language technology and expert operational teams to ensure high quality outcomes, on time, every time.
With access to 15,000+ talented linguists worldwide, you can expect the perfect, native speaker to meet your specific business requirements. Our translators work around the clock to ensure all your deadlines are met.
With no upfront fees/contracts, simply choose the pricing model to best suit your project needs.
Through our vast experience as an Hebrew Language Services Provider we’ve gained unrivalled knowledge of translating and localizing public-facing content, including websites, software and training materials. You can always trust us to ensure your messages hit the target.
Hebrew global marketing
Hebrew software and app localization
Hebrew enterprise translation
Hebrew multimedia services
Hebrew e-learning localization
Hebrew legal translation
Hebrew website localization
Hebrew crowd sourced translation (CST)
Hebrew machine translation
HEBREW TRANSLATORS AND INTERPRETERS
Qualified Hebrew language professionals
Contact us today to find an Hebrew translator or interpreter for your business needs. We deliver on time, every time, with linguists ready to assist you with: