Professional translation and interpreter services for Dutch-English and English-Dutch.
Dutch – the official language of the Netherlands and a few small Caribbean territories – is also spoken by more than half of Belgium’s population. Millions more speak its daughter language, Afrikaans (predominantly in South Africa and Namibia).
For professional, on-demand Dutch translation services, we’re trusted by global companies, large and small. You can expect quick turnaround on a huge variety of Dutch-English and English-Dutch texts – always at highly competitive prices.
- 24/7 availability
- Order status tracking
- Immediate project launch
- Experienced, certified translators
Thanks to 30+ years of translation and localization experience, and thousands of certified linguists worldwide, our expert teams will swiftly and sympathetically translate your Dutch texts to English (and vice versa).
- Dutch is an Indo-European language of the West Germanic sub-group. It is said to sit approximately midway between its stablemate languages, English and German.
- Spoken by more than 28 million people worldwide, Dutch is the majority language (96%) of the Netherlands and one of three official languages of Belgium (along with French & German).
- Despite being in close geographical proximity, the Dutch language shares few similarities with the Romance languages of France and Spain, or the Nordic languages of Scandinavia.
- Dutch is written in the Latin script, with one additional digraph (IJ).
- Afrikaans, spoken by about 17 million people in South Africa and Namibia, is the legacy of 17th century Dutch colonialism. Up to 95% of the Afrikaans vocabulary is of Dutch origin.
- The Dutch and English sound systems are similar, which makes it one of the five easiest languages for English speakers to learn.
Dutch translation facts
- In stark contrast to its written uniformity, Dutch lacks a prestige spoken dialect. On a vast continuum are 28 main dialects and at least 600 sub-varieties, many of which are quite remote from the standard language.
- Dutch shares some grammatical similarities with German, but is said to be a less complex language (overall) for English speakers.
- The main Dutch dictionary contains about 269,000 words, mainly of Germanic origin. More recently, loan words have been absorbed from modern culture in the English-speaking nations.
- Like most Germanic languages, Dutch makes use of noun compounding, which allows for some arbitrarily long words. The 29-letter wapenstilstandsonderhandeling (ceasefire negotiation) is the lengthiest official dictionary entry.
- Dutch has a relatively high proportion of words with double letters (both consonants and vowels). The word for a food storage container, voorraaddoos, features five consecutive letter pairs.
Dutch translation and interpretation services
Trusted by businesses thebigword is first choice for companies requiring fast and professional Dutch translation. Our skilled and experienced native speakers are available 24/7 for all your Dutch-English and English-Dutch texts and content.
Successfully handling up to 50,000 global assignments every day, thebigword has invested heavily in innovative language technology and expert operational teams to ensure high quality outcomes, on time, every time.
With access to 15,000+ talented linguists worldwide, you can expect the perfect, native speaker to meet your specific business requirements. Our translators work around the clock to ensure all your deadlines are met.
With no upfront fees/contracts, simply choose the pricing model to best suit your project needs.
Through our vast experience as an Dutch Language Services Provider we’ve gained unrivalled knowledge of translating and localizing public-facing content, including websites, software and training materials. You can always trust us to ensure your messages hit the target.
Dutch global marketing
Dutch software and app localization
Dutch enterprise translation
Dutch multimedia services
Dutch e-learning localization
Dutch legal translation
Dutch website localization
Dutch crowd sourced translation (CST)
Dutch machine translation
DUTCH TRANSLATORS AND INTERPRETERS
Qualified Dutch language professionals
Contact us today to find an Dutch translator or interpreter for your business needs. We deliver on time, every time, with linguists ready to assist you with: