Professional translation and interpreter services for Bulgarian-English and English-Bulgarian.
Ranked by Bloomberg as the sixth best country for doing business in Eastern Europe/Central Asia, Bulgaria offers myriad opportunities to English-speaking companies.
Our on-demand Bulgarian translation services offer quick turnaround on a huge variety of Bulgarian-English and English-Bulgarian texts – always at highly competitive prices.
- 24/7 availability
- Order status tracking
- Immediate project launch
- Experienced, certified translators
Thanks to 30+ years of translation and localization experience, our expert teams will quickly and carefully translate your Bulgarian texts to English (and vice versa).
- Bulgarian, an Indo-European language of the South Slavic sub-group, is spoken by more than 9 million people worldwide – predominantly in Bulgaria and nearby Serbia, Romania, Moldova, Ukraine, Hungary, Albania, Greece and Turkey.
- The neighboring Macedonian language is extremely similar: indeed, there is unresolved political argument as to whether they are one and the same.
- As one of the oldest countries in Europe, the Bulgarian language is based on very old forms of Slavic. Outside of Sofia, interpreters are often required for business meetings.
- Bulgarian is more similar-sounding to Russian than English – and despite some of its letters looking Latin, they’re pronounced completely differently.
- With a lexicon of some 200,000 words, the core Bulgarian vocabulary is traditionally Slavic, with some Greek, Latin and Turkish loans. More recently, the language has absorbed business-related terms and IT/technology language from English-speaking nations.
Bulgarian translation facts
- There are two broad dialect groups: the Eastern and Western Dialects. Literary and official language tends to be based on the Eastern Dialects.
- Bulgarian is the only EU member state which exclusively uses the Cyrillic alphabet, as opposed to the Latin one. Some letters have two different sounds.
- Translators must be dexterous around Bulgarian verbs. There are up to 3,000 distinct verbs, in six grammatical groups (single/compound): person, number, aspect, tense, voice and mood.
- Some Bulgarian words are impossible to translate because they describe entire lifestyles or complex conditions. For example, aylyak, one of the guilty pleasures of Bulgarians, is a very relaxed way of life (nothing is taken to heart and every moment is enjoyed to the full).
Bulgarian translation and interpretation services
Trusted by businesses thebigword is first choice for companies requiring fast and professional Bulgarian translation. Our skilled and experienced native speakers are available 24/7 for all your Bulgarian-English and English-Bulgarian texts and content.
Successfully handling up to 50,000 global assignments every day, thebigword has invested heavily in innovative language technology and expert operational teams to ensure high quality outcomes, on time, every time.
With access to 15,000+ talented linguists worldwide, you can expect the perfect, native speaker to meet your specific business requirements. Our translators work around the clock to ensure all your deadlines are met.
With no upfront fees/contracts, simply choose the pricing model to best suit your project needs.
Through our vast experience as an Bulgarian Language Services Provider we’ve gained unrivalled knowledge of translating and localizing public-facing content, including websites, software and training materials. You can always trust us to ensure your messages hit the target.
Bulgarian global marketing
Bulgarian software and app localization
Bulgarian enterprise translation
Bulgarian multimedia services
Bulgarian e-learning localization
Bulgarian legal translation
Bulgarian website localization
Bulgarian crowd sourced translation (CST)
Bulgarian machine translation
BULGARIAN TRANSLATORS AND INTERPRETERS
Qualified Bulgarian language professionals
Contact us today to find an Bulgarian translator or interpreter for your business needs. We deliver on time, every time, with linguists ready to assist you with: